Introducing the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE.
Going to the gym is almost impossible when you live a busy lifestyle – working, tending to kids, making dinner … where do you fit time for the gym in there? Once you pick the kids up from the babysitter, you can’t take them to the gym with you.
There’s a solution to this problem – it involves buying a good machine that offers everything in one. During my research on the different machines currently on the market, I came across the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE and I must say, this one really caught my attention.
Today, I am going to report my findings to you …
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Features:
Looking at the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE, it appears to be a piece of equipment that can do everything you need, mostly because of the different attachments and stations it has. Apart from it all, with this machine, you will have up to 70 different exercises you can do.
With the lat tower attachment, leg attachment, shoulder harness, squat station and adjustable pulley system, you will see the machine’s true potential.
Some Special Features of the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym:
- 210-pounds of power rod resistance
- Offers over 70 exercises (this gives you a total body workout)
- Quickly move from one exercise to the next
- Compact size (great for even small homes)
Let me start out by telling you what I read about the assembly. It’s not exactly “hassle-free,” but it is probably one of the easiest home gyms to put together. Some take one hour to put the machine together, while others have taken up to four hours. The amount of time it takes you to put the machine together will all depend on how well you can understand the instructions.
The instructions on how to put the cable-pulley system together may be a bit complicated, but you can get past it by looking at the photos in the workout manual – that will give you an understanding of how it should look. After you figure this part out, everything should flow together.
I noticed many people talking about how this home gym saves space and in my opinion, this is very important. With this system, most, if not all, of the exercises can be done while you’re in the upright position. Due to being able to exercise in an upright position, you will not require as much workout space.
However, I learned that there is no fold-up feature available, but this shouldn’t be that big of a deal. It does have lockable wheels on the base, so you can easily move it around.
When it comes to safety, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 has been labelled one of the safes currently in the market. When you don’t have a workout partner, working alone could lead to accidents. With this home gym, you won’t have to worry about dropping plates or anything like that.
Also, this gym has been favoured by women who are just now starting out in resistance due to the Power Rod’s progressive type of resistance. It’s also good for the elderly and individuals who are recovering from a disability, such as knee injuries.
What Others Are Saying
At the time of writing this review, there was a total of 4.4 out of 5 stars, with a total of 44 review on Amazon.
Here’s what one reviewer had to say about the Bowflex Xtreme 2:
“I bought this model new as a replacement for my Boxflex PowerPro XTL which I bought from a friend. If you’ve never had a home gym before, a used model is a cheaper way to find out if you’re going to use it. I used the PowerPro quite a bit but there were some things I didn’t like and hoped the new model would improve upon. I’m very pleased to report that nearly every gripe I had about the PowerPro has been addressed.
– The Xtreme cables are all routed together and there’s no need to reroute and attach hooks to the different sections.
– The machine is more compact than the PowerPro. It still takes up a fair amount of space but the bench doesn’t extend out 4-5 feet like the old one. The Xtreme does not have an option to do rows but I never did those, anyway.
– The grip locations are much better. It’s far more comfortable (and safe!) to do presses and flies with this model. It’s even possible to do a useful biceps curl. It also comes with two sets of grips.
– The construction and materials are higher quality. The PowerPro wasn’t bad but the Xtreme is definitely more solid. Neither one are as beefy as a professional multi-station gym but I’m confident that I won’t break it.
– The different seating and pulley positions make it easier for my wife and kids to use it. The seat is at a funny angle and felt a little odd, at first but I don’t notice it now.”
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Summary
Many people are impressed by the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym and honestly, the more I read about it, the more I like about it.
From my research and looking at many other customer reviews, there is very little wrong to say about this Home Gym and its quality, durabilty, functionality and good overall value for money make it definately worth a closer look!
Would I recommend this home gym to a friend? I sure would.
Want to read more about this Home Gym and also check out other Customer Reviews?